Thursday, July 18, 2013

422 Q40 Qualifying

I have decided that I HATE Quickie!   Today was a great day in Q40.

We are flying eight rounds of qualifying once again, then on to the finals.
I am in A-matrix and Roy is in B-matrix.  Today I flew first.  Hot and no wind in the morning.
I flew six rounds successfully and the good old Sweet-V was flying well. NO problems with bad air today.  There were only a few crashes from pilots all day today.  What a difference from Quickie.

After six rounds I am in 8th place with a 1:05.  I felt competitive and lead the pack a few times today.  I had two firsts, two seconds, a third and a zero due to double cut at pylon #2.   The pylon #2 judge is ruthless.   Many guys had trouble on pole 2.

After lunch B-matrix flew.  Roy and the orange rocket ship, otherwise known as the Supercat, were on the line.  Roy absolutely dominated the field today.  He had six perfect races and the fastest time of the day at 1:02.  We actually are having trouble setting the needle on the ground but we are not worried about it. I just manage the motor on the line by holding the nose down, up, or pinching the fuel line just before launch.  It seems to be working.

A number of guys seem to be having some needle troubles due to the hot and humid weather.  
Trying to make it an early night tonight.  I have not been sleeping well so I'm just gong to keep it short.

Photos attached and one video from Roy's last race today where he cruised to a 1:03


Youtube video:

Tomorrow we complete the last two rounds of qualifying and then on to the big FINAL.  Stay tuned.




1 comment: